BBC – Education & Family News
- Mon, 18 Feb 2019 01:17:43 +0000: Will universities go bust if fees are cut? - BBC News - Family & Education
Universities are warning of a financial crisis if a review recommends cutting the level of tuition fees.
- Sun, 17 Feb 2019 07:49:16 +0000: Peterborough University delay 'a kick in the teeth' - BBC News - Family & Education
A Labour councillor says there is "no clear direction" on a new university for Peterborough.
- Sun, 17 Feb 2019 00:24:34 +0000: The self-taught pianist drawing crowds - BBC News - Family & Education
Hundreds of thousands of people have seen this student play after he learned the piano using online videos.
- Sat, 16 Feb 2019 02:52:50 +0000: The mother who lost her daughter over an EpiPen - BBC News - Family & Education
A mother ran up lawyers' bills of £60,000 fighting to stop her daughter being taken into care.
- Sat, 16 Feb 2019 01:16:33 +0000: Labour pledges to prevent universities from going bust - BBC News - Family & Education
Universities struggling financially would not be allowed to fail under a Labour government, the party says.
World News International
- Mon, 18 Feb 2019 19:22:51 +0000: Leeds fined £200,000 over 'spygate' - BBC News - Home
Leeds United are fined £200,000 by the English Football League for watching opponents train before matches.
- Mon, 18 Feb 2019 18:58:48 +0000: Championship side Durham to host holders Chelsea in Women's FA Cup - BBC News - Home
Holders Chelsea will travel to Championship side Durham in the quarter-finals of the Women's FA Cup.
- Mon, 18 Feb 2019 18:40:15 +0000: Honda set to close UK car plant - BBC News - Home
The carmaker is set to announce the closure of its Swindon plant in 2022, jeopardising 3,500 jobs, sources say.
- Mon, 18 Feb 2019 18:24:16 +0000: Clerical abuse: Film gets go-ahead after legal challenge - BBC News - Home
François Ozon's film documents claims of a cover-up of priest Bernard Preynat's alleged child abuse.
- Mon, 18 Feb 2019 17:51:12 +0000: Semenya appeal against IAAF testosterone rule begins - BBC News - Home
Olympic 800m champion Caster Semenya's appeal against a regulation restricting testosterone levels in female runners is under way.
Additional News & Resources have been added below: