BBC – Education & Family News
- Tue, 04 Aug 2020 16:12:19 +0000: Seven reasons not to give up on poetry - BBC News - Family & Education
Poetry will become an optional subject area in GCSE English literature exams next year.
- Tue, 04 Aug 2020 13:48:56 +0000: Scotland's results day: Thousands of pupils have exam grades lowered - BBC News - Family & Education
The exam body says it lowered 125,000 grades that had been estimated by teachers to "maintain credibility".
- Tue, 04 Aug 2020 11:27:33 +0000: Testing and tracing 'key to schools returning', scientists say - BBC News - Family & Education
The UK's test and trace schemes are not yet good enough to stop a virus resurgence, scientists say.
- Tue, 04 Aug 2020 06:26:07 +0000: Coronavirus: GCSE students allowed to drop poetry in 2021 exams - BBC News - Family & Education
Other English and history topics will also become optional in England after disruption to lessons.
- Mon, 03 Aug 2020 23:23:37 +0000: Coronavirus: How pandemic pods and zutors are changing home-schooling - BBC News - Family & Education
US parents are resorting to "pandemic pods" and garden classrooms - but will it deepen inequalities?
World News International
- Tue, 04 Aug 2020 17:26:15 +0000: Beirut blast: Explosion rocks city with many injured - BBC News - Home
The explosion caused severe damage in the city's port area, Lebanon's health minister says.
- Tue, 04 Aug 2020 17:22:47 +0000: Colorado police apologise for detaining mother and children - BBC News - Home
A black mother and four children - aged six to 17 - were mistakenly detained over a stolen vehicle.
- Tue, 04 Aug 2020 17:10:15 +0000: Tropical Storm Isaias lashes Carolinas, killing at least one - BBC News - Home
The storm caused flooding and tornadoes resulting in at least one death in North Carolina.
- Tue, 04 Aug 2020 17:02:58 +0000: Wigan relegated from Championship after losing appeal against 12-point penalty - BBC News - Home
Wigan's relegation to League One is confirmed after they lose their appeal against a 12-point deduction for going into administration.
- Tue, 04 Aug 2020 15:41:36 +0000: Hamilton's tyre failed at British GP after 'extremely long use' says manufacturer - BBC News - Home
Pirelli says the tyre failures suffered by three cars near the end of the British GP were caused by "extremely long use" on a demanding circuit.
Additional News & Resources have been added below: