BBC – Education & Family News
- Fri, 17 Aug 2018 13:51:48 +0000: Thousands of top university places still up for grabs - BBC News - Family & Education
Tens of thousands of degree places still available, even in medicine, which are usually at a premium.
- Fri, 17 Aug 2018 00:22:22 +0000: 'Trojan Horse' hearings against teachers and governor cost £1.27m - BBC News - Family & Education
Banned governor Tahir Alam says the cases were a "total waste of public money".
- Fri, 17 Aug 2018 00:18:59 +0000: NYU offers free tuition for all its medical students - BBC News - Family & Education
The New York medical school will fund all students, due to fears of graduates' "overwhelming" debt.
- Thu, 16 Aug 2018 17:25:08 +0000: A-level results 2018: Teenagers achieve rise in top grades - BBC News - Family & Education
A-level results show a rise in top grades, as a record proportion of 18-year-olds head to university.
- Thu, 16 Aug 2018 13:56:57 +0000: Musician Stormzy on why he's funding university scholarships - BBC News - Family & Education
The musician says he'll fund two black British students to go to the University of Cambridge.
World News International
- Fri, 17 Aug 2018 20:57:38 +0000: Birmingham City 0-0 Swansea City - BBC News - Home
Birmingham City fail to find a way past Swansea City despite dominating their Championship encounter.
- Fri, 17 Aug 2018 20:44:22 +0000: Manafort judge refuses to name jurors over safety fears - BBC News - Home
Ex-Trump campaign head Paul Manafort is charged with bank and tax fraud in a high-profile case.
- Fri, 17 Aug 2018 20:36:48 +0000: Premier League predictions: Lawro v singer Tom Grennan - BBC News - Home
Mark Lawrenson takes on singer Tom Grennan to predict this weekend's Premier League fixtures.
- Fri, 17 Aug 2018 19:45:04 +0000: US husband held after missing family 'found dead in fuel tanks' - BBC News - Home
Police suspect that Shanann Watts and her two young daughters were killed by the husband.
- Fri, 17 Aug 2018 17:39:36 +0000: Texting is not an acceptable way of writing will, French court rules - BBC News - Home
A claim by a French woman that her late son left her some of his estate by text message is rejected.
Additional News & Resources have been added below: