BBC – Education & Family News
- Tue, 06 Dec 2016 17:20:58 +0000: Pisa tests: UK lags behind in global school rankings - BBC News - Education & Family
The UK is still lagging behind at education, with little progress in international rankings.
- Tue, 06 Dec 2016 03:04:08 +0000: Child regret - BBC News - Education & Family
When Corinne Maier spoke to the BBC attacking baby mania, her honest account of parenting struck a chord around the world.
- Tue, 06 Dec 2016 00:37:10 +0000: Almost 1,500 school pupils in Aberdeen given anti-weapons lessons - BBC News - Education & Family
Almost 1,500 secondary pupils across Aberdeen have been given anti-weapons lessons in the wake of the killing of schoolboy Bailey Gwynne.
- Mon, 05 Dec 2016 23:00:40 +0000: Why are so many digital assistants "female"? - BBC News - Education & Family
Why do so many artificially intelligent chatbots have female names and avatars?
- Mon, 05 Dec 2016 22:38:47 +0000: What are PISA results? - BBC News - Education & Family
The Programme for International Student Assessment (PISA) results are due to be published. Branwen Jeffreys explains what they are.
World News International
- Tue, 06 Dec 2016 19:04:06 +0000: Dozens killed in south Thailand floods - BBC News - Home
Six days of flooding have affected half a million people in Thailand.
- Tue, 06 Dec 2016 18:39:17 +0000: Libya conflict: IS 'ejected' from stronghold of Sirte - BBC News - Home
Libyan forces hunt down the last IS fighters after ejecting them from their Sirte stronghold.
- Tue, 06 Dec 2016 18:20:09 +0000: Trump says Air Force One Boeing order should be cancelled - BBC News - Home
Donald Trump says he wants to cancel the "out-of-control" order with Boeing for presidential planes.
- Tue, 06 Dec 2016 18:14:41 +0000: Brazil's Senate head Renan Calheiros defies judge's suspension - BBC News - Home
Brazilian Senate head Renan Calheiros defies a Supreme Court judge's order to resign his post.
- Tue, 06 Dec 2016 18:14:13 +0000: Outrage as 'lock her up' chant hits Canada - BBC News - Home
Lawmakers condemn protesters who made US-style "lock her up" chants about unpopular Alberta Premier Rachel Notley.